Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen keller

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Hills Are Alive...

Next stop!  Vienna, Austria!  Sadly we weren't even close to where they filmed Sound of Music but I felt like we were while we were driving through the country side.

This is Sarah, Holly, and I.  We were so excited to be in Vienna!  I love these girls!

First stop was the library.  Areil, my head teacher, was so excited to go here.  Sadly it costed a lot of money to go inside.  Who charges money to go inside a library?  But it was beautiful from the outside and from the glimpses inside.




Motzart!  Vienna is so rich with classical history!


Happy Noodles for lunch!  They actually weren't too bad and really cheep.  Especially for Vienna!



These are the yodeling dolls we got!  They are so cute!  They are in traditional Austrian clothes and when you squeeze them they yodel!


Haha... the Opera Toilet!  You have to pay to use the bathroom just about everywhere in Europe and this Toilet sings to you while you go to the bathroom!  Too Funny!


We also went to the Schonbrunn palace.  This place is so pretty!  I bet in the summer time it is even more pretty with all of the color.  But I do love fall so it was fun to see the start of fall colors.






Ulia, Jaimee, and I.  Love these girls!


These are some pictures of the palace grounds.




This picture doesn't do this fountain justice.  It's so pretty!



A drinking fountain!  They don't have them over here so the one we found in Austria with water from the mountains had to be documented!


Just waiting for our tour bus.  I love that we are all sitting on the curb in this picture because if we were in Ukraine a Babushka would have come and yelled at us to get up.  Out of love of course!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! This made my day! I saw most of the sights in your pictures when I went to Vienna! And I did get to go to Salzburg where they filmed The Sound of Music. :) Love you Giggles!

    ReplyDelete