Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen keller

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Berlin Germany

I love Berlin!  I have wanted to go to Berlin for as long as I can remember and I was able to finally go! We were only there for a day and we weren't able to see very much so if any one wants to pay for me to fly back there I would gladly take you up on that!  The first place we went was a jewish memorial.  




Then to the Brandenburg gate.


I know this is a random picture of the parking lot.  But underneath this parking lot is where Adolf Hitler used to live.  It's been destroyed now but it's a neat part of history.  Our tour guide said that they wanted to figure out something useful to put on top of it but that it also wouldn't draw attention.  They didn't want to just leave it vacant so that people wouldn't put up shrines.  So a parking lot it was!


Some parts of the Berlin wall.  I love that it's all covered in gum!


Our tour guide Harold.



This was one of the only standing buildings after WW2.


All over Berlin they have cobblestones representing where the Berlin wall used to be.  As you get closer to the part where it's still standing they have this.


The Berlin Wall.  How cool is that I have been here?  Sometimes I just feel like the luckiest person in the world!



Check point Charley. 



Sunset in Berlin.





The last thing we were able to do was a museum.  I could have spent hours here!






No comments:

Post a Comment