Never in a million years would I have imagined that I would spend Thanksgiving in Poland. It was definitely the most unique Thanksgiving I've ever had but it was also one of the best. It would have just been that much better if my family would been there.
We drove through the night Wednesday to get to Krakow Poland and we arrived around 2pm. We were all tired and lets be totally honest with life... we smelt really bad! I guess that happens when you spend so much time on a bus. We all showered and then a couple of us decided that since we couldn't have traditional Thanksgiving we wanted the most American thing possible. Insert Hard Rock Cafe here! We were all so excited for a hamburger!
This is Jamiee, Alyssa, and I all dressed up to go. We are wearing matching hats that our head teacher made us.
Krakow is so beautiful! Pictures don't do this place justice!
Outside Hard Rock Cafe with Holly Berries!
The Center School Cats. These are the cute girls that I get to teach with. Jaimee, Me, Alexa, and Alyssa.
Candlelight dinner? Why yes!
My yummy cheeseburger! Best Thanksgiving dinner ever!
Before we ate we all went around the table and said something we were thankful for and then did cheers... with water of course! :)
After we stuffed our faces we headed back to our hostel and played some card games. Back during conference the temple president and his wife invited me and a few girls over for lunch. In his home he talked to us all about Ukraine and about home. He talked to us about how home is where you make it. He told us to unpack our bags and enjoy Ukraine. I've always believed what he told us but having Thanksgiving away from my family for the first time ever really brought this to life. Home can be wherever you want it and if we have a good attitude we can make the best of anything and make things truly feel like home. I'm so grateful for my Ukrainian family!
No comments:
Post a Comment