I love Poland! It truly is the hidden wonder of Europe! I need to blog about it quick because tonight we are actually headed back to Poland. They messed up on our visas and we weren't out of the country long enough so they are sending us back to Poland. I can't complain because I loved it and we were only there a day so now I'll get to see more of this beautiful country!
We spent the day in Krakow and it was a national holiday. It was all saints day so everything was closed but we still managed to see a lot. I'll actually be going back to Krakow tonight so it is perfect!
The first place we went is Wawel castle. It was very pretty from the outside.
Our cute tour guide Barbara.
Jaimee and I. Jaimee loves castles! I love them too and she makes them just that much more exciting!
Ulia and Jaimee.
Sarah and Holly.
Walking around the beautiful streets.
This is the oldest building in Krakow. Hardly anything was destroyed in Krakow after WW2 which is a miracle if you think about it.
Medieval Square.
In the olden days I guess you could say they used to have a watchman in the top of this tower. He could see from far away if anyone was coming. One night he saw people coming and he sounded is trumpet to wake up the town. He ultimately saved the town and sacrificed his own life. In honor of him they now have a man who plays his trumpet on the hour. It's really soft but luckily Krakow wasn't very crowded so we could hear it.
This is the main street of Krakow. Everyone that would travel into Krakow used to have to come down this main street to get in.
The beautiful river.
Everything that day was closed but at the time we didn't know we would be going back to Krakow so we at least wanted to see the outside of Schindlers factory. I'm glad I went and I'm excited to go inside this week!
This was one of the memorials they had out in front of the factory for all saints day.
After we went to Schindlers factory we ate dinner and just messed around taking pictures. It was actually a lot of fun!
Ukrainian pose!
I really wanted to take a pyramid picture and these are the only two I convinced. Don't worry I convinced more later!
Holly and I... we love each other!
This is the cave where a dragon used to live.
The dragon.
We are dragons :)
See I told you I convinced more later. :)
Roommate jumping picture!
And to end the day we randomly found the elders. I love how the gospel unites everyone!
Oh and we can't forget these cool pictures! My head teacher Areil took them on my camera. This is one of the many memorials they had around town for all saints day.


No comments:
Post a Comment