Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen keller

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Day of Birth!

My birthday in Ukraine was great!  My cute host mom Liuda made me banana pancakes for breakfast.  Which were so yummy by the way!  Notice how small their pancakes are.  They are actually a normal portion size and they are super small.


My cute host mom also gave me this beautiful rose.  Look how tall it is!





She also gave me this beautiful necklace.  I love it!!!  She told me that it's a hand carved necklace and that it's a traditional Ukrainian necklace.  How lucky am I!


That day we went to McDonalds for lunch.


A happy meal with a toy that the man let me pick for the 23 year old. :)




This is Alexa.  I teach with her and she was so cute and she brought me flowers.  Flowers are the main gift to give people here in Ukraine.



Then I got to teach my cute kids.  This is Liza.


This is Kate.


These are my follow up 2 kids and they made me cards for my birthday.


This is Marina, Misha, and Ilyia


Flowers from Larissa, the principal at my school.


After I got done teaching Alyssa and I went home and my sweet host mom made us a feast!  Liuda is the best cook in the world!


This is my yummy birthday cake she made me.  It tastes like Angel food cake with apple slices.  YUM!


This is my cute host mom Liuda and the present she gave me.


Then Friday we went over to Jaimee's host home and made an American cake and watched Monsters inc.


These are the girls I teach with.  Jaimee, Alexa, Me, and Alyssa.


My birthday cake!



Monsters inc in Russian and all of our yummy treats!


We got home after 11 on Friday and cute Liuda left us dinner out.  She is so thoughtful.  Notice all the chocolate she left us.  That chocolate is out at every meal even breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment