This past weekend I was able to watch conference. It is a conference I will never forget. I don't think I've ever been so grateful for conference in my life. I loved ever minute of it! I wasn't very excited to watch it in the church because my whole life I've always watched it with my family all comfy on the couch. But if we're being honest with our lives I enjoyed it just as much as being comfy on the couch. But having my family there would have made it that much better. If you haven't watched conference yet you should! And then watch and read it over and over again because it's so good!
While watching conference this past weekend I realized how blessed I am to live so close to the headquarters of the church. It is definitely something I have taken for granted my whole life. There is a senior couple in my ward who have been assigned to be my grandparents while I'm here in Ukraine and they were telling me that they have never been to a session of conference and I can't even begin to tell you how many I have been to. Also as I saw the conference center come up on the screen and the beautiful SLC temple I thought of all the millions of people who have dreamed to go there. My whole life I've dreamed of being here in Europe and to see the things I'm seeing but I don't think I've ever realized how lucky I am to live by so many church sights or how lucky I am to have parents who have taken me to basically every church history sight in America. I really live a very privileged life!
No comments:
Post a Comment