Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen keller

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kyiv in Miniature

There is this really great park in Kyiv right by the river that has a bunch of places in Kyiv in miniature from.  I was so excited to go!  It was fun to see all of the places I've already been to and to get ideas for the places we haven't been to yet.

The best part about the trip is I looked up what metro to get off of and then I didn't know where to go from there so I asked my coordinator and she told me just to ask people when I got there.  So we arrive and in my broken Russian well lets be honest with life it was mostly English I asked people where it was and BOOM we found it! :)  No fear here!

On our walk to the park we had to go through this cat tunnel.  I'm telling you Ukrainians love their cats and I'm gaining an obsession for cats.  Well funny pictures of them not real cats.

Cat footprints.


Outside the gates!



St. Valadimir's Cathedra... been here!


St. Sophia... been here but I want to go back and ring the bell in the bell tower.


Zoloti Vorota.. been here!


The college... been here!


The circus!  Ask me how bad I want to go here!  Because the answer would be really bad!



The Dnieper River... been here!


Been to this statue!  Don't remember what it's name is but I do know that it's the place where President Packer dedicated the land of Eastern Europe for Missionary work!




Ripples in the water from the rain.


BIG MAMA!  Or Tin Tits :)  Been here too!



Friendship arch... been here!




The TV tower.


The airport... lets be honest with life it was the first place I saw in Kyiv.


The opera house... totes been here!



This is a castle in Kamenets podolski that we really want to go to!




The Lavra... Been here!



This is in Maidan Square... been here!


This is Kreschatik street... totes been here a million times!


Maidan Square... been here a million times!



Stepping on a miniature windmill.


So after we got done at Kyiv in Miniature we were so close to the river that we decided to go.  On our walk I found this massive leaf!  Bigger then my face!!


Fisherman. 


The beach by the river.  The sand was incredibly soft!


Wadding in the Dnieper river!  I totes paid for this later.  Sand in my shoes all day but totally worth it!


1 comment:

  1. Chelsea, your blog is soooo cute!!! I hadn't looked in the past couple of weeks, but you have updated so much and it was so fun to catch up on everything you have been doing and all the fun places you have been visiting! What an incredible experience!!! We are so proud of you and all of your accomplishments. :)

    ReplyDelete