Well I'm here! Crazy right! I still can't believe it. I keep waiting for them to tell us that we're still in America and that they really just flew us around and made us travel for 24 hours as a big joke. But I really am here!
This is part of the group meeting at the airport for the first time and heading out!
On the plane ready to go!!! We left SLC Thursday at about 9:47 to DC then to Paris and finally to Ukraine! I got to my host family about 5pm Ukraine time on Friday. It was a very long day of traveling and I didn't sleep a bit on the plane so it was a very long day. I was so ready to go to bed! We fell asleep at 8 which is the earliest I have ever gone to bed. But then again it was 11am in SLC and I hadn't slept at all.
I was placed in a host family with a really great girl named Alyssa. She is the redhead in the picture above. We live with a really sweet grandma named Loda and her daughter Ola. Ola got married in July so she'll be moving to Jordan on Thursday to be with her husband. We love them both! They are so loving and have done so much to help us. We're really sad Ola is leaving and we wish she was going to be here all semester.
Saturday we just did training and attempted to learn our way around Ukraine. At first this place was really confusing because everything looks the same but it is getting easier.
On Sunday we went to church. I can't even explain how happy I was when we came around a corner and I could see the temple. Finally something I recognized! I'm so happy I get to go to church by the temple every week and it's only about an hour from where I live so hopefully I'll get to do baptisms a lot too.
This is a picture of Jaimee, Alexa, me and Alyssa. All four of us teach at Center school together. I love all of them a lot and we get along so well which makes it even better!
Alyssa and I on our way to school going down our scary elevator. I'll take pictures of it because this picture doesn't do it justice. Alyssa describes it as being straight out of a horror movie which isn't a bad description. I think it's kind of cute and I'm praying we don't get stuck in there. Then I wont think it's so cute!
This is a picture of my school from the outside. All the buildings are so tall and so big here! Everything just goes up and up!
My school from the front view.
No comments:
Post a Comment