Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen keller

Monday, September 17, 2012

My Flat

In Ukraine basically everyone lives in flats.  Flats are basically like an apartment.  This is where I live.  It's 16 floors high and I'm on the 8th.


This is the playground right across from my flat.  They have tonz of playgrounds everywhere in Ukraine.


All around the place where I live they have flowers growing out of old tires.  


The sidewalk in front of my flat.



So when you go inside you have two choices of elevators to take.  They are creepy!  Alyssa calls the gotham elevators.  But we were reassured the first day that they are safe.

This is elevator 1.  The bigger one.

This is elevator 2.  The very, very small one.  But I've come to find a lot of elevators are small in Ukraine.  Most times this is the one that comes so we cram in it and ride on up.


Alyssa crammed in the corner.


The other great thing about the small elevator is that you have to hold down the button in order for it to work.  Too great!

Floor 8 is where home is!

We live in number 62.


You open the door and this is what you see.  Very cute and homey!



In Ukraine they have inside shoes.  Any shoes you wear outside your not supposed to wear inside the house so we take them off and switch.


At the end of the hall are two doors.  The one on the far left is the door to my room.  The other one is Alyssa's room.


This is my room.  The bead I sleep on is actually a fold out bed and I fold it up every morning.

This is where I keep my clothes.

My bed all folded up.

The window.

The view from my window.

This is the hall that leads to the bathroom and the kitchen.



The shower room


The toilet is kept inside a closet.  It's super small inside.


This is the kitchen.



This is the worlds smallest washing machine.


The view from the kitchen window.


And that is where I live!  At first I thought it was really small but it's just perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Your flat is so cute! It looks like you have been having a great time and that is so neat that you attend church right by the temple. :)

    ReplyDelete